Wednesday, September 22, 2010

THE FALL 10

Fall fashion is the best.  The cooler weather is ideal for fingerless gloves, ankle boots, blazers, and hats--and yet, it's still warm enough to expose a bit of skin. There are so many things I MUST HAVE this fall, I mean really, I can't live without them.

1. CAPE
I want to replace all my coats with capes.  I fell in love with capes the moment I saw my Italian professor wear her short black wool cape, undoubtedly Prada.  Five years later, I need to bite the bullet and get one (maybe two?) of my own. 

3.1 Phillip Lim

Chloe

Kinder Aggugini

2.  FUR
I can make fun of Rachel Zoe's fur vests all day long, but secretly I covet them.  My fur picks for fall would take a less conventional form--a fur skirt, cross-body bag, or tube scarf.
 

Michael Kors

Marc by Marc Jacobs

Helmut Lang
 




3.  EQUIPMENT SHIRT
Instant Parisian chic.  I have been obsessing over these all spring and summer, and I just can't make it through another season without one.



4.  LIPSTICK
I consider myself a makeup aficianado, yet I never wear lipstick.  This must change!  This season is all about the persimmon or fuscia lip, or even the classic red...all with a matte finish.  It is the perfect punctuation mark for this fall's camels and army greens.


5.  SOCKS
Ankle length, knee high, or thigh high, socks trump tights this fall.  They are not easy to pull off, but they are oh-so-cool.

Prada

Ferragamo


Dolce & Gabbana


6.  ANIMAL PRINTS
I simply cannot get enough.  If wearing leopard from head to toe is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Tory Burch

3.1 Phillip Lim

Talbots


7. WEDGE ANKLE BOOTS
I may be behind the times on this one.  I have nearly every form of ankle boot known to man--cut out, lace up, platform, stiletto, and yet no wedge!  This fall's wedge boots have a rugged, utilitarian feel to them.


See by Chloe

Jean-Michel Cazabat

Pour la Victoire


8.  LACE
It is best to approach the lace trend with a little irony--it should not resemble lingerie or any thing from your grandmother's closet.  For a modern look, keep the lace clean cut and slightly boyish.  I envision myself wearing a boxy black lace t-shirt with everything from jeans to sweatpants to pencil skirts this fall...now I just need to find this dream item.


Burberry Prorsum

Celine




9.  FLOPPY WOOL FEDORA
This hat is so classic!  It instantly adds sophistication to a look, plus goes with about anything.



10.  MAXI SKIRT
These are so effortless and sophisticated.  Just like the lace, you have to be conscious of how you approach this trend.  It is best paired with a simple tee or with tailored pieces, so that you don't look like you stepped out of the 70s.


Dries van Noten

Reed Krakoff


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...