Sunday, December 5, 2010

Runway Beauty D.I.Y.: Marc Jacobs

Marc Jacobs's spring 2011 beauty look played off of his glammed out 70s inspired clothes.  The eyes were a dramatic hunter green, offset by soft rosy cheeks and matte wine-stained lips.  This look would be perfect for any upcoming holiday parties, and I love the green smoky eye as an alternative to basic black.


To recreate the look, I began with my usual foundation and concealer routine.  The skin at Marc Jacobs had a bit of a dewy glow to it, so I used liquid foundation and did not set it with powder.  I made some attempt to conceal my eyebrows (the models at Marc Jacobs had theirs bleached), which wasn't so successful.  For a soft pink flush, I used a light dusting of Nars Orgasm blush, which was actually used on the models for the show.  Next, I focused on my eyes, using a green YSL palette (one of my favorite palettes--highly recommended).  I applied a thin layer of the darkest green all over my lid, then applied a heavier layer at the outer corner, into my crease, and under my lower lash line.  Next, I used a bright chartreuse color (sounds scary, but is actually quite flattering) on the inner half of my eye, bringing it around the inner corner.  Finally, I lined the waterline of my eye with a black liner and applied mascara.  For my lips, I used a sheer wine lipstick and blotted to get a matte finish.



I did not even attempt the giant frizzy hair, seeing as it required this preparation:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...