Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Celine Mani



Today marks the start of another fashion week--the SPRING shows--and I have not even processed the fall runways!  Yikes, I'm behind.

Despite the impending onslaught of spring fashions, and despite the persistently hot weather, I am setting my sights on fall fashion.  Per the usual, Phoebe Philo's showing at Celine has been on my mind, specifically the bold cerulean/red-orange/tan colorblocking that appeared on oversized coats, pants, and sweatshirts.  The color story of this collection had an athletic appeal, perhaps a nod to this summer's Olympics.  I translated the De Stijl-ish colorblocking* to my nails, for a little jump on fall fashion.  It's way too hot to be wearing leather-panel sweatshirts, anyways.


 
 
*Note:  I did not take the perfectionist route and mask off my stripes with tape, hence the ahem "painterly" look to the manicure.  My patience has its limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...