Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Best of the Oscars 2012 Red Carpet

I couldn't summon up the energy to do an Oscars rundown yesterday, because the red carpet left me a little bored.  Yes, there were actresses that looked good, in the sense that they wore something figure-flattering and pretty, but I wanted to be wowed.  Where were the dramatic gowns?  Where were Tilda and Cate Blanchett??  Nevertheless, I am drumming up my favorites from the night.  Keep in mind, even my top picks would get a B- if I were grading them. 

GWYNETH PALTROW IN TOM FORD

Looking sleek and modern, Gwyneth was my favorite of the night.  As a fervent cape lover myself, I was delighted to see her rocking one on the red carpet.  How chic!

Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford


STACY KEIBLER IN MARCHESA

Angelina did not have the sense to wear this stunning Marchesa number that I recommended for her, but I'm glad someone else snatched it up!  There is no better time to dress like an Oscar statue than when you are attending the Oscars with George Clooney.

Stacy Keibler in Marchesa Fall 2012


JESSICA CHASTAIN IN ALEXANDER MCQUEEN

Jessica brought out the big guns for the Oscars--McQueen!  The gold embroidery looked fantastic against her red hair.

Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen Resort 2012


MICHELLE WILLIAMS IN LOUIS VUITTON

This peplum dress looked sweet and feminine on Michelle, and was extremely flattering.  The brooch at the waist may have taken it into the "overly-precious" category though.

Michelle Williams in custom Louis Vuitton


MILLA JOVOVICH IN ELIE SAAB

Milla brought the old Hollywood glam in a gown from one of my favorite Elie Saab Couture collections.

Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab Couture Fall 2009

EMMA STONE IN GIAMBATTISTA VALLI COUTURE

Love this dress, but I wish Emma had worn something a little more unique.  This look is a bit too reminiscent of Nicole Kidman in Balenciaga at the 2007 Oscars.

Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli Couture Spring 2012



As for Rooney Mara, she was my biggest letdown of the night. Yes, she wore Givenchy Couture, but it was not the most exciting dress, and the fit was terrible. Here's to hoping she turns it out at the next Oscars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...