Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Applique Mani


When I stumbled accross the new Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips at the grocery, it was love at first sight. Do-it-yourself patterned manicures with no drying time that last up to 10 days? Brilliant! This is as close as I will ever get to the legendary Minx manicure (the Holy Grail of manicures). I tried out "Frock Star", a multi-colored sparkley mani that gives the effect of about 20 layers of glitter nail polish (and bears a strong resemblance to Deborah Lippman Happy Birthday).



FYI, unless you have exceptionally long nails, you should be able to cut each strip in half, which gives you more than enough for three manicures.

Next up, the butterfly pattern...

1 comment:

  1. Uhm - awesome. I'm going to try the blingtastic looking gold one if I can find it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...