Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Runway Beauty D.I.Y.: Gucci

The hair and makeup at Gucci's spring show in Milan felt so current.  The bold blood orange lip color took center stage, but equally impactful were the sleek hair and glowing skin.  Each model's bone structure was emphasized with dewy, radiant skin.  The look could be wearable on most women (minus the shellacked hair), and easily toned down for a day at the office, or amped up for a night on the town.


Step 1: FACE
The key to duplicating this look is creating the illusion of flawless, glowing skin.  I began by mixing a little luminizing lotion (you need something with iridescent particles) in with my foundation and applying all over my face to create a dewy base.  I followed with concealer, patting it in where I have imperfections or any discolorations.  For this look, it is important to conceal anywhere you have slight redness or darker pigmentation in your skin--this can be time consuming, but it is worth it.  I then used a highlighting pen  (I recommend this one) to "lift" areas of my face, taking cues from my bone structure.  It is best to use this under the eyes, on the brow bone, down the front of the nose, on the cupid's bow of your lips, and on your chin.  Next, you want to work additional luminizer into your base to create a glow.  Start by applying it high on your cheekbones, then arc upwards aroud the eye to the brow bone, creating a "C" shape.  Finally, you want to add depth to your cheeks by sweeping bronzer under and around them, then blending up into your temples.

Step 2: EYES
For the eyes, you need a brown shadow with a little shimmer.  I used this creme shadow, which has a nice pearly finish.  Apply all over the lid and blend outwards.  Then use a shimmery gold or white shadow to highlight the inner corner of the eye and go over the brow bone once again.  Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes.  The eyebrows should be cleaned up a bit with a brow pencil (as needed) and brow gel.

Step 3: LIPS
For the lips, I layered an orange lipstick under a red gloss.  For control and precision, use a brush to line the lips with the lipstick and then fill them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...